10.22.2011

rich blue and typical autumn colors = a fresh combo

Now that autumn is fully upon us here in Minnesota, I am fully ready to scrap the lovely rich colors of the season, not just on outdoors layouts, but anything that makes me feel warm and cozy.

Here's one of those subjects: my husband. We've been together for many years now, and he is my rock.

The other day I noticed we were both wearing similar shirts that reflected our interests, in his case his favorite activity, Dungeons and Dragons, and in my case the best TV show ever, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That inspired me to take some photos of ourselves, which my husband tried to sabotage a bit (see photo three below).

I used a digital photo strip frame from Fei-Fei's Stuff to house all the photos we took, and then I made this layout:

I was inspired by this color combo:
The bit of rich blue makes the typical autumn color combo fresh to look at.

I used the following GCD Studios papers:

Bandana from The Great Outdoors

Garden Mix from Animal Crackers for boys

Trick Pony from Funhouse

Lovely Garden from Soul Food

And just for fun, I stamped and embossed part of my title and painted behind the die cut letters:


Enjoy using this cozy color combo to scrap something that makes you warm inside!

3 comments:

  1. BEST TITLE EVER!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! Your Hubby's tastes and yours are similar to me and my Hubby's! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! Everything ROCKS about it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright fun layout, and its a cute one at that! Love your photos too!
    e.

    ReplyDelete